In an emergency regarding an animal (of any species!) who you believe is in a vulnerable position - either being abused, negelected , injured, has been abandoned, or harmed in any way:
(PLEASE also note, that until we get enough funding on board and our network of NZAP oficers built up around New Zealand - we will be limited to the areas and regions we can get help to via this text number, but in the meantime - we will help wherever possible)
AN EMERGENCY (AND CONFIDENTIAL) TEXT NUMBER WILL SOON BE AVAILABLE - WILL BE UPDATED SOON!!!!
Standard txt Charges (20cents) do apply!
PLEASE rest assured that you can txt us with 100% CONFIDENTIALTY - No one will know who sent the text - except for NZAP
A huge THANK YOU also to our emergency txt sponsor "Synergy Txt"
WHAT TO DO IF YOU COME ACROSS AN ABANDONED, STRAY, INJURED, OR ABUSED ANIMAL
If you come across a lost, abandoned, or stray animal who is frightened or that you cant get close to:
1. DO NOT IGNORE IT - YOU MAY BE ITS LAST & ONLY CHANCE OF HELP!
2. Call or MSG us at NZAP ASAP, and let us know the location of the animal!
3. If the animal has been seriously injured, either call us at NZAP and we will contact a vet for you OR if the animal will let you get close - take it directly to your nearest veterinarian
4. If the animal is seriously distressed - Try to console the animal as much as possible (keeping your voice tone gentle and soothing) This may sound basic - but it will go a LONG way in getting the animals trust.
5. If at all possible, offer the animal some food & water ( Always a GREAT peace offering for an animal who may be starving or dehydrated) until an NZAP officer can get to you and help.
In an animal abuse emergency PLEASE message us through our Facebook page here or through our emergency contact text number here by clicking here